If you have comments or feedback on our web site, we want to hear from you!
Submit feedback >>
Save the Date
May 27 & 28, 2015
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- EMT & Paramedic Training Programs
- Continuing Education Providers
- Continuing Education Opportunities
- Emergency Preparedness Training
- Zimek Disinfecting System
- New Policy Training Package - June 2013
- Minimally Interrupted Cardiac Resuscitation (MICR) Video
- PSR/PAO Study Guide
- Ham Radio "Just-In-Time" Training Resources
This reference material has been designed to serve a broad audience, and is applicable for teaching purposes or as a self-study guide. You may access the entire package from a zipped file or individually as listed below.
- New Policy Training Package - Complete Zipped file (Updated, 07-15-2013)
- Introduction Letter (PDF, Updated)
- Approaches to Adult Learning Concepts and Course Outline (PDF)
- SJCEMSA Policies
- SJCEMSA Policy Memorandums (FAQs)
- Patient Care Scenarios (Word Document)
- Policy Revew power point, PDF version / Powerpoint version
- EMS Documentation (Word Document)
- Field Pronouncements and Grief Counseling (Word Document)
This video is a lecture presentation by Dr. Daniel Spaite, MD, FACEP, Professor and Distinguished Chair, Department of Emergency Medicine at the University of Arizona. This presentation provides the background necessary to understand the scientific rationale for the adoption of minimally interrupted cardiac resuscitation (MICR) in San Joaquin County. All authorized prehospital care provider's in San Joaquin County are encouraged to view this presentation prior to receiving additional training on this subject.
After viewing this one-hour presentation take the post test (10 questions) to receive a completion certificate which may be submitted to the EMS agency to receive one hour of non-instructor based CE, provided by EMS CE provider number 39-0001. You must answer all questions correctly to receive a certificate.
View a video that provides more on the history of MICR development, the scientific rationale, and a "Pit Crew" demonstration, click here.
Paramedic Accreditation Orientation (PAO) & ALS Policy and Skills Review (PSR) Study Guide The PAO & PSR study guide is an interactive game/pre-test for the PAO & PSR class. You may be awarded 1.5 hours of non-instructor based EMS CEs if you print the course completion certificate and bring it with you on the day of your PAO/PSR course. The CA EMS CE is provided by San Joaquin County EMS Agency CEP# 39-0001. You may play the game as often as you want, but will only receive EMS CEs for a maximum of 2 times during a licensure period. This study guide is subject to change; therefore, it is highly recommended you complete it within 2 weeks of your scheduled PAO/PSR course.
NOTE: At this time if you close the game prior to completion, you will have to restart from the beginning.
This is a pilot program and we look forward to your feedback. We hope to improve the learning platform with graphics and details as time permits.