Help us to stop illegal dumping. You may be entitled to a reward, for information leading to the arrest and conviction of a person violating the unlawful dumping/littering laws.
If you see illegal dumping activity, you need to provide the following information:
- Individual(s) description: Gender, ethnicity, age, hair color, clothing, etc.
- Vehicle: License plate number, color, make and model
- Incident: Time and date, location and type of materials
- Any other identifying or incriminating evidence
Reward Eligibility Requirements:
Only materials dumped in the public right-of-way are eligible for rewards. For example, public roadways.
Rewards do not apply to materials dumped on private property.
Only illegal dumping that has occurred in areas that are serviced by the San Joaquin County are eligible for the reward.
- Littering does not qualify for illegal dumping rewards.
- Abandoned vehicles do not qualify as illegal dumping.
- County employees are not eligible to receive rewards.
When more than one caller reports a single violation, the first notification shall be eligible for the reward. If the notifications are received on the same day, the reward shall be divided equally among the callers.
Should the caller wish to remain anonymous for purposes other than to receive the reward, the caller's personal information shall remain confidential and not for public disclosure.