2014 Winter Zoo Camp
Fire up your little animal’s curiosity this winter with zoo fun,
games, crafts, and activities! Each day is a separate program,
so sign up for one or all of them!
Lunch and snacks included.
Zoo Camp Details
December 22, December 23, December 29, and December 30. You
may register for one, two, three, or all program dates. There is no
discount for registering for more than one program.
Time: 9:00AM - 4:00PM
Fees: $35 per day per child for zoo members; $42 for non-members. Park entrance fees (parking) is included for drop-off and pick-up only.
Registration: Available online. Pay at booking with a credit card online or mail in full payment within 7 days of registration.
December 22 - Beauty of the Beasts (9AM-4PM)
Come explore the magnificent and unique characteristics that make each animal its own beauty and beast.
December 23 - Mammal Mysteries (9AM-4PM)
Solve a mystery at Micke Grove Zoo as you learn to find clues and solve puzzles. Who knows what mysterious things you will uncover this winter!
December 29 - Monkeying Around (9AM-4PM)
Bounce, dangle and climb as we learn all about primates at Micke Grove Zoo!
December 30 - Wildlife Wonders (9AM-4PM)
Ever wonder if owls can turn their heads all of the way around or if turtles really can come out of their shells? Come discover the truth about these and other animal myths and legends!
To ensure that your child has the best experience possible during zoo camp, staff and management are asking for the following:
- Please leave all cameras/cell phones at home (cameras and cell phones can become a distraction to the teacher and students). If your child wants to take pictures, cameras will only be allowed on Fridays, at the Zoo Camp Teacher’s discretion.
- Please have your child wear comfortable tennis shoes. No open toed shoes or sandals are allowed. Children will be required to sit out activities if they arrive in open toed shoes.
- Please do not allow your child to bring snacks to lunch. A lunch and snacks will be provided to your child. Please specify any food allergies your child has during registration. Please make sure that your child eats a good breakfast before camp.
- Please do not allow your child to bring money to camp. No purchases will be made before, during, or after camp. We encourage you to come back with your child to visit the Zoo and make purchases.
- For the safety and well-being of your children, camp staff and zoo campers will adhere to all safety and animal protocol procedures. If you have any questions, please read our behavior policy on the Zoo Camp Web Page above the cancellation policy.
- Campers will be grouped by age group. In the event that a camp session is being cancelled due to low enrollment, you will be contacted with the option of a refund or a transfer into a different age group.
- Your parking pass will be e-mailed to you the Friday before camp begins. It is your responsibility to print out this pass and display it when entering Micke Grove Regional Park. Vehicles that do not have the pass will be required to pay the County $5.00 parking fee.