ZOO TO YOU OUTREACH PROGRAM
and the C.A. Webster Foundation
APPLICATIONS POSTMARKED AFTER JANUARY 29 ARE NO LONGER BEING ACCEPTED AT THIS TIME AS WE ARE AT CAPACITY FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE 2013-2014 SCHOOL YEAR. THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST AND PLEASE APPLY NEXT YEAR. PLEASE CONSIDER RESERVING ONE OF OUR OTHER FANTASTIC PROGRAMS! YOUR SUPPORT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED.
The Zoo to You Outreach Program was launched
in 2013 as an initiative to connect underserved students attending
Title I schools in San Joaquin County with nature as well as to
improve science literacy countywide. These programs are available on
a scholarship basis based on available grant funds, donations, and
corporate sponsorships. The more community support the Education
Department receives for these programs the more scholarships its
If you are a teacher that is interested in having one of these programs provided for your class, please read the information below and then complete and submit a Zoo to You Outreach Program Scholarship Application available at the bottom of this page.
If you have any questions, please contact Allison Meador, Director of Conservation Education, at (209) 331-2138.
· The Zoo to You Outreach Program is available Monday – Thursday from January – April and September – November between the hours of 9:30AM and 12:00PM. No more than three programs can be provided on any given day at any site.
· We reserve the right to restrict the number of programs provided to each school or school district. Each class may only apply once per school year.
· Scholarship funds for the Zoo to You Outreach Program are available only to the Title I K-5 schools in San Joaquin County that have at least 60% or more of their students on the Free or Reduced Lunch Program.
· This program is not available for pre-schools, high schools, or private schools or for assemblies.
· Programs are designed to fit the California state science standards and Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) and STEM frameworks for each grade level.
HOW TO APPLY
complete and submit the Zoo to You Outreach Program Scholarship Application
available in the section below.
teachers applying for a program within the same school and
grade level complete the
pre-survey on SurveyMonkey and then notify the Education
Director, Allison Meador, at (209) 331-2138 when all teachers have
submitted their response.
Your application will not be reviewed until the pre-surveys are
completed by each teacher listed on your application. The
survey can be completed at:
teachers must agree to complete our post-visit materials and survey
terms. The link to the post-survey will be sent by e-mail within 0-1
days of the program and must be completed within (4) days of the
program. Teachers that fail to complete the post-survey will not be
allowed to apply for a scholarship for the next school year.
The completion of these surveys will guarantee future funding for
applications at least three
weeks before closest desired program date to:
The Micke Grove
Zoo Education Department
ATTN: Zoo to You Outreach Program
11793 N. Micke Grove Road
Lodi, CA 95240
Or fax to (209) 331-7271.
Zoo to You
Outreach Program Scholarship Application - unavailable until
2014-2015 school year
in Word Doc format (.docx) in PDF format (.pdf)