ZOO TO YOU OUTREACH PROGRAM
and the C.A. Webster Foundation
The Zoo to You Outreach Program was launched
in 2013 as an initiative to connect underserved students attending
Title I schools in San Joaquin County with nature as well as to
improve science literacy countywide. These programs are available on
a scholarship basis based on available grant funds, donations, and
corporate sponsorships. The more community support the Education
Department receives for these programs the more scholarships its
If you are a teacher that is interested in having one of these programs provided for your class, please read the information below and then complete and submit a Zoo to You Outreach Program Scholarship Application available at the bottom of this page.
If you have any questions, please contact Allison Meador, Director of Conservation Education, at (209) 331-2138.
· The Zoo to You Outreach Program is available Monday – Friday, excluding Wednesdays from September – December between the hours of 9:30AM and 12:00PM. No more than three programs can be provided on any given day at any site.
· We reserve the right to restrict the number of programs provided to each school or school district. Each class may only apply once per school year.
· Scholarship funds for the Zoo to You Outreach Program are available only to the Title I K-5 schools in San Joaquin County that have at least 60% or more of their students on the Free or Reduced Lunch Program.
· This program is not available for pre-schools, high schools, or private schools or for assemblies.
· Programs are designed to fit the California state science standards and Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) and STEM frameworks for each grade level.
HOW TO APPLY - Faxed or e-mailed applications are not accepted.
1. Fully complete and submit the Zoo to You Outreach Program Scholarship Application available in the section below.
teachers applying for a program within the same school and
grade level complete the
pre-survey on SurveyMonkey and then notify the Education
Director, Allison Meador, at (209) 331-2138 when all teachers have
submitted their response.
Your application will not be reviewed until the pre-surveys are
completed by each teacher listed on your application.
Beginning August 18, the
survey can be completed at:
(The application period for this scholarship opportunity has closed.)
3. All teachers must agree to complete our post-visit materials and survey terms. The link to the post-survey will be sent by e-mail within 0-2 days of the program and must be completed within (6) days of the program. Teachers that fail to complete the post-survey will not be allowed to apply for a scholarship for the next school year. The completion of these surveys will guarantee future funding for these programs.
applications at least three
weeks before closest desired program date to:
The Micke Grove
Zoo Education Department
ATTN: Zoo to You Outreach Program
11793 N. Micke Grove Road
Lodi, CA 95240
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted.
Zoo to You Outreach Program Scholarship Application - PERIOD CLOSED 12.15.14